Now for some more updates. I FINALLY made a Facebook page for jewelry and what not. Actually, I lied. I made it in December but I just recently got around to posting stuff on it. Better late than never right?
So, if anyone actually reads this blog and doesn't already like it, please do so! :)
It's a work in progress, to say the least.
Now onto a few projects I've been working on. I've had the idea in my head for a while about using bones in my art, but it wasn't until the last couple of months I've actually put the thought into practice. I found an old deer skull nailed onto an old barn at a relatives and decided to have a go. The skull wasn't in great condition; I had to rip off one side of the jaw off because it was too fragile,( but I extracted the teeth out of it and plan on making some sort of bracelet), a horn is missing, and the remaining horn was gnawed on some time by squirrels. Even in it's condition I still saw the beauty in it, and I knew I had to paint it.
I started by first painting it black, than gradually layering colors (powdered pigments), adding a bit of glitter and finally Swarovski crystals to make a nebula/space scene. I also painted the teeth a silvery sheen.
The camera didn't really capture all of the awesome colors that were on this piece, but I'm sure you guys get the jist of it.
The next project I did involved dried foliage. an antique doll head and plastic crosses.
This was a fun one to do! When the project is laying down, the dolls eyes are closed and when it's hung up they come open. I had this one displayed at the artwalk, everyone was so creeped out by it, much to my amusement! ;) I found the doll at a big flea market, at the end of the day some people just leave their stuff for people to take, I saw this doll and knew I had to have. I'm not sure when the doll head is from, I'm going guesstimate from the 50's or 60's. It wasn't in good condition so I didn't feel bad about ripping it apart. I'll totally be making similar projects like this in the future.